Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco Guarantee – Terms and Conditions
Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd are responsible for the first 8 years of any 10 year guarantee, Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco become responsible for the warranty of the Worcester Bosch boiler in the 9th and 10th years of the guarantee. Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco will pay a pre arranged amount to Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd to cover the boiler in the 9th and 10th year, if required, the decision of which will be made by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco.
Worcester Bosch boilers supplied by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco are guaranteed against material or manufacturing faults for the duration of the guarantee period (the 9th and 10th year) of 10 years, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The product must be purchased and installed within one of the following territories: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- The product must be correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for your product and must meet the requirements of the Benchmark initiative if applicable.
- The product must be registered with Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco within 30 days of the installation.
- The guarantee period will commence from date of installation, unless the installation is made more than six months from the date on which the product was dispatched by Bosch Thermotechnology Limited, in which case the guarantee period will commence six months from the date of Manufacture
- The product must only be used in a domestic or light commercial environment, (light commercial is defined as a semi domestic/commercial environment, including hair salons, offices, small shops, pubs etc).
- The product must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s user instructions and serviced annually by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco. Proof of servicing may be required to validate a guarantee.
- Once installed the product must not be moved unless authorisation has been provided by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco in writing for you to do so.
- During the guarantee period any product or component which is proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture will be repaired or replaced free of material and labour charges, providing that we have authorised or carried out the repair or replacement.
- We will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried on the product or fits parts, unless we have approved such work in advance of it being carried out.
- The guarantee period will not be extended even if we repair or replace any product or part.
- If we replace any component or product, the part or product removed will become our property.
- Any claim made under the terms and conditions of this guarantee must be made within the guarantee period.
- You must comply with our service engineer appointment terms and conditions if an engineer needs to attend.
- This Guarantee does not apply to:
- Products installed on boats including house boats;
- Mini-expansion vessels;
- Consumables as specified by us, including but not limited to: oil nozzles, hoses, gaskets and batteries;
- Fuel lines to the product, plugs or cables;
- Radiators and other space heating equipment, external water, gas and oil pipelines/services, external electric wiring, external pumps, flue-ways, fire valves, filters, water and oil storage tanks;
- Damage caused by theft, tampering, neglect, malice, act of god, misuse, accident, fire, flood, explosion, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions;
- Damage caused by the non-observance of the manufacturer’s user instructions;
- Damage to the system as a result of scale;
- Damage as a result of sludge or blockages;
- Any unauthorised adjustments made to the product by a third party;
- Any upgrading/improvement work required as a result of legislation, (Health & Safety or otherwise) or to meet current standards;
- Servicing and its associated costs;
- Boiler de-scaling and chemical cleansing/flushing;
- Bleeding of oil supply pipelines;
- Turning on the product and adjusting switches and controls except following an approved repair under this guarantee;
- Self-maintenance tasks such as, re-pressurising and resetting the product, bleeding excess system pressure and thawing frozen condensate pipes/wastes,
Data Protection – Your details will be held and used by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco and selected companies acting on our behalf to administer your guarantee and to conduct repairs. We may disclose your information to our agents for these purposes. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us or third parties for other marketing purposes. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please write to our Customer Service Team at our registered office listed below.
Customer Service – Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco prides itself on delivering the highest possible standards of customer service at all times. If you feel that we have fallen below these standards then please write to our Customer Service Team at our registered office: 4 Abb St, Marsh, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 4PA Tel: 01484 456 456, Company registered in England 3785055.
Ten year guarantee
The appliance is guaranteed against faulty materials or workmanship for a period of 120 calendar months from the date of installation subject to the following conditions and exceptions;
- During the period of this guarantee any components of the unit which are proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture will be exchanged or repaired free of material charges and free of labour charges if repaired directly by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco.
- That invoices for attendance and repair of this appliance by third parties will not be accepted for payment by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco
- That any product or part thereof returned for servicing under the guarantee must be accompanied by a claim stating the Model, Serial Number, Date of Installation
- That no third parties have serviced or worked on the boiler in any way shape or form without written consent from Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco.
- Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco will not accept responsibility for damage caused by; neglect, misuse or accidental damage, malice, act of god, the non-observance of the instructions contained in the Installation and Users Instructions leaflets.
- Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco will not accept responsibility or liability for any damage caused by leaks or any other problem on any existing part of the heating system due to any new installation.
- That the appliance has been used only for normal domestic purposes or light commercial environment for which it was designed
- That this guarantee applies only to equipment purchased and used in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
- Offer applies to UK mainland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland only.
The boiler must be serviced every year by Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco, written consent must be obtained from Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco if you wish another company to service or work on the boiler. Any boiler which doesn’t comply with these terms will have its 9th and 10th year warranty terminated immediately.
Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions in the future. Any changes will be posted to the Website, www.metroeco.co.uk and will take effect immediately.
The decision of Metro Group Services Ltd T/A Metro eco is final.